JfL CORE Training helps you and your team utilize the JfL Class tool and teaches the necessary steps to plan, start and sustain a Jobs for Life ministry at your church or organization. Throughout this training, you will be led through biblical principles, proven strategies and logistics that assist you and your team in preparing men and women for meaningful work in your city. This live training course will connect all participants involved through interactive facilitation, group discussions and exercises.
VIRTUAL TRAINING OPTION:
This training will be facilitated LIVE in Raleigh, NC, and will be simulcasted online to everyone who registers for the event. Once registration and payment has been submitted, more information about log in instructions will be sent via email.
Dates & Times:
Friday, March 22 (6:00PM-8:15PM)
Saturday, March 23 (8:30AM-4:30PM)
Click the link at the bottom of the page.
Mininum System Requirements and Suggestions for Virtual Training:
- Download speed should be a Minimum of 8-15Mbps (Check your speed at: https://www.speedtest.net/)
- Close other tabs/windows that may be causing your processor to use unnecessary processing power.
When on Wi-Fi connection make sure you are not far from your Wi-Fi or use a Wi-Fi expander to avoid drops and/or buffering.
Minimum CPU Specs:
- Window 7 or higher
- 2Ghz Dual Core Processor
- Memory 2GB DDR3
- Graphics Card DriectX 10.1 compatible
Screen resolution 1280x720 recommended
Minimum Mac Specs:
- 1.4GHz Intel Core i5 Dual-Core
- 4GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
- 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Implement proven strategies for building relationships among the unemployed and underemployed and how to incorporate core asset-based community development principles in your ministry.
- Learn the necessary steps for preparation of your upcoming JfL jobs training course, including how to recruit your team, businesses and students, how to access training materials and how to use online tools to manage your class.
- Understand the true role and responsibilities of mentors and proven strategies for building genuine and effective relationships with students.
- Learn proactive ways to address common and unique roadblocks that the class or students may face.
- Learn how to cultivate an environment of celebration and how to define and measure the impact your class is having on volunteers and students.
- Develop framework for action plan implementation.
- This training is required to facilitate a JfL Class and to gain access to the JfL Curriculum.
Evening Session (6:00PM-8:15PM)
6:00-6:30pm - Registration
6:30-8:00pm - Mock JfL Class
8:00-8:15pm - Wrap Up
Morning Session (9:00AM-12:00PM)
- Importance of valuing all life
- What God’s Word says about work and its importance to all of our lives
- Identifying the value of community assets
- Building relationships with people experiencing unemployment
- Building genuine and lasting relationships
- Steps to recruit and build a strong and cohesive leadership team
- Engage and build relationships with businesses and community resource agencies
- Mentor’s role and responsibilities
- Principles that shape the posture and perspective mentors must have when building relationships and the importance of listening
- Class logistics and timeline
- Adult education principles and how to facilitate effective learning
- Common physical and emotional roadblocks that impact employment
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks and barriers
- Accessing advertising tools for your class to recruit training course participants
- Definition of true success and how to evaluate your class impact
- Cultivate an environment for celebration
- Developing framework for action plan implementation
NOTE: For new JfL sites (who have not yet led at least one JfL class), at least two members of your ministry/organization must attend JfL CORE **