Dates & Times:
Friday, February 15 (6:00PM-8:15PM / dinner will be provided) -
Saturday, February 16 (8:30AM-4:30PM / continental breakfast and lunch will be provided)
Redeemer City Church
1410 Dundee Rd
Winter Haven, FL 33884
Click the link at the bottom of this page.
201 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
Winter Haven, FL 33380
Courtyard by Marriott
6225 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
Winter Haven, FL 33884
200 Cypress Gardens Blvd.
Winter Haven, FL 33880
JfL CORE Training helps you and your team utilize the JfL Class tool and teaches the necessary steps to plan, start and sustain a Jobs for Life ministry at your church or organization.
- Implement proven strategies for building relationships among the unemployed and underemployed and how to incorporate core asset-based community development principles in your ministry.
- Learn the necessary steps for preparation of your upcoming JfL jobs training course, including how to recruit your team, businesses and students, how to access training materials and how to use online tools to manage your class.
- Understand the true role and responsibilities of mentors and proven strategies for building genuine and effective relationships with students.
- Learn proactive ways to address common and unique roadblocks that the class or students may face.
- Learn how to cultivate an environment of celebration and how to define and measure the impact your class is having on volunteers and students.
- Develop framework for action plan implementation.
- This training is required to facilitate a JfL Class and to gain access to the JfL Curriculum.
Evening Session (6:00PM-8:15PM)
6:00-6:30pm - Registration/Dinner
6:30-8:00pm - Mock JfL Class
8:00-8:15pm - Wrap Up
Morning Session (9:00AM-12:00PM)
- Importance of valuing all life
- What God’s Word says about work and its importance to all of our lives
- Identifying the value of community assets
- Building relationships with people experiencing unemployment
- Building genuine and lasting relationships
- Steps to recruit and build a strong and cohesive leadership team
- Engage and build relationships with businesses and community resource agencies
- Mentor’s role and responsibilities
- Principles that shape the posture and perspective mentors must have when building relationships and the importance of listening
- Class logistics and timeline
- Adult education principles and how to facilitate effective learning
- Common physical and emotional roadblocks that impact employment
- Strategies for overcoming roadblocks and barriers
- Accessing advertising tools for your class to recruit training course participants
- Definition of true success and how to evaluate your class impact
- Cultivate an environment for celebration
- Developing framework for action plan implementation
NOTE: For new JfL sites (who have not yet led at least one JfL class), at least two members of your ministry/organization must attend JfL CORE **
Contact the JfL Training Team: firstname.lastname@example.org