Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Director of Training & Leadership Development
Jobs for Life’s (JfL) Training Intern will assist with the administration of training and leadership development functions and provide administrative support to the Training team. Get great hands on experience and work alongside a diverse group of individuals, together pursuing God’s call to the Church. We are not perfect, but we pursue excellence and have fun, using our God-given gifts and experiences to accomplish the work. We are honored and in awe as we see God use us, ordinary people, to accomplish His extraordinary works. Join us!
- Hands-on experience in assisting the coordination of multiple training events
- Experience with e-Learning platforms and uploading content
- Input training evaluations into database
- Other projects or duties as assigned by senior staff
- Committed to JfL’s Statement of Faith and Biblical, Christian worldview
- Passionate about JfL’s mission to equip the Church to care for people in need through the dignity of work
- Pursuing a degree in Education, Public Policy, Social Work or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and team leadership skills with a diverse set of audiences
- Strong proficiency, aptitude, and comfort level with technology, including Mac computers, software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media (Facebook, Twitter) and Google Suite
- Professional with strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Attention to detail, commitment to follow through and highly efficient
- Own transportation is a must
Undergraduate students who have completed at least their junior year by the start of the internship, recent graduates, and graduate students are eligible to apply for internships.
If needed, Jobs for Life assists interns in securing housing during the internship.
JfL is prepared to pay $12/hour. Interns are 100 percent responsible for all travel and living expenses incurred during their time with Jobs for Life, including providing their own health insurance.
Interns are asked to work at least 20 - 30 hours per weeks. Because JfL interns work shortened hours, there may be opportunities for them to seek other employment to help cover expenses. Internships with JfL should span a minimum of 10 weeks and can be extended up to a total of 12 months per the acceptance of the supervisor.
STEP 1: Review and screen applications
STEP 2: Invite for initial phone interview
STEP 3: Invite for second round in-person interview
STEP 4: Decisions and offers